How to use the Layout Features
Expiration Dates and Restrictions 1. Click Build Restrictions.
2. The Restrictions Wizard will appear.
3. Choose an Expiration Date
4. Choose the type of expiration that you want to use:
1. Rolling Expiration - typically used for Recurring Emails. This will automatically create an expiration date based on how many days after the email is sent.
a. Click the first radio button.
b. Select the number of days that the offer is valid after the email is sent.
c. Example: If the email is sent on 1/1/09 and a rolling expiration of 14 days is chosen, the email will read, “This offer expires Thursday, January 15, 2009.”
2. Specific Expiration Date – typically used for scheduled emails.
a. Click the second radio button.
b. Use the date picker to select a date.
3. No Expiration – used for offers that never expire or when you want to customize the text that appears as the expiration date.
a. Click the third radio button.
5. Additional Restrictions - Select the desired restriction(s) by clicking the checkboxes for the restrictions that you want to include.
6. Click Save.
• Note: If you would like to add a restriction that is not provided, you can type additional restrictions within the text box.
Inserting a Link
1. Click Build Links. 2. Type the site’s URL in the “URL” text box.
• Note: When typing the link URL within the Wizard, you must include the protocol identifier ([http:// http://]).
3. Enter link text for the URL. The link text is the visible, clickable text displayed in the email.
4. Click Save.
• You may also use the Advanced Editor Hyperlink Manager to insert a link. Inserting HTML
1. Click Build HTML.
2. When the HTML Wizard is displayed, paste the HTML code in place of the existing default text.
• Note: Tables or images wider than the design will cause a break of the design. If this occurs, set the table width to no more than 500 pixels. Additionally, you may choose a “Blank” design in Step 1 if content breaks the design. 3. Click Save.
Inserting an Image
1. Follow the instructions in the image placeholder:
• PC Users: Right click to open the Image Wizard.
• MAC Users: [Control] + click to open the Image Wizard. 2. In the Image Wizard, browse for the image file.
3. Click Upload.
• Note: Images wider than the design will cause a break of the design. If this occurs, scale down the width so that it does not exceed 500 pixels at 72 dpi. You can also choose a “Blank” design in Step 1 for single image uploads.
4. Add a description (optional). The description is used as a tooltip, which appears when the mouse pointer is over the image when the email is sent.
5. Click Save.
• Note: You may also use the Advanced Editor Image Manager to insert an image.
1. Click the spell check button, which can be found in Step 3 below the subject line. 2. Misspelled words will be underlined in red.
3. A popup will give you a list of options for each misspelled word. You may:
• Choose a suggested word to replace the misspelled word
• Ignore the misspelled word
• Change the misspelled word manually
• Add the misspelled word to your dictionary
Send a Test
1. Test your emails before sending them to your members! Send a test to yourself to determine how an email looks and functions. Make sure that any links work properly and that the email looks good in your inbox.
2. Click Send a Test. 3. When the popup is displayed, enter the email address you would like to receive the test mailing.
4. Click Yes.
• Note: If Add Personalization is enabled, “FirstName” will appear in the test email.
Click Next to proceed to Step 4.