1. What data is sent from OpenTable to Fishbowl?
a. Guest first name and last name, email address, birthdate if provided, wedding anniversary if provided, and date last dined.
2. What data is sent from Fishbowl to OpenTable?
a. Only unsubscribe data.
3. How does Fishbowl know what link to insert for a restaurant's make a reservation url?
a. Based on the RID, Fishbowl creates a url for each restaurant that contains the restref
4. How do Guest Codes appear in Fishbowl?
a. If a restaurant is assigning guests to OpenTable Guest Codes in the ERB or in Guest Center, that data will come over to Fishbowl as part of the integration. You will be able to see Guest Codes in Step 4 (see picture below) and you can multi select Guest Codes to mail to by using Control Click.
5. I added a guest in Guest Center with an incorrect email address. Then corrected it. Both email addresses appear in Fishbowl. Why?
a. Email address is the unique ID between OpenTable and Fishbowl. So the system saw these as two email addresses and therefore two people. In this case, just unsubscribe the incorrect email address.
6. I see the Wedding Anniversary field has included 2015 to the date. Why?
a. If no year is provided for the wedding anniversary, the system will automatially add the current year.
7. I added a guest to ERB or Guest Center, but I do not see them in Fishbowl. Why?
a. You must add an email address for a guest in order for that guest info to come over to Fishbowl. Fishbowl is an Email Marketing provider, so guest records that do not have an email address will not be sent to us.
8. The following things cannot be done with the current product, and would require future development work.
a. additional layouts.
b. German holiday calendar.
c. Changing P for Phone to T for Telefon.
d. Gender (titles like Mr, Mrs, Sir, etc)
e. posting a newsletter to Facebook or Twitter.
9. Should a restaurant unsubscribe a diner from OpenTable or from Fishbowl? Which way works better?
a. Unsubscribing from Fishbowl is best. The diner can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email that the restaurant sent out using Fishbowl.
10. Is there a way we can manually push the synch ?
15. How does a restaurant add a Newsletter Join Page onto their website?
a. read these instructions http://localhelp.fishbowl.com/index.php/Join_Page